PATHELEN ® HYBRID
Swissmedic registered under CH-201805-2
Purpose of use
PATHELEN® Hybrid is a powder nano composition, an agent for topical, external application.
It absorbs exudate and the wound then contains fewer microbial and tissue decomposition products and can heal better. This is done by drying out the treated surface but due to special ratio between hydrophilic and hydrophobic ingredients does not overdry the tissues.
PATHELEN® Hybrid hinders the formation of biofilms with pathogens, that have good growth conditions in moist areas and therefore reduces the possibility of infections in irritated skin areas.
The therapeutic effect is achieved through the integrated action of its ingredients: hydrophilic highly disperse silica has water-absorbing properties also adsorbs bacteria, pathogenic proteins and remnants of decomposed tissue; hydrophobic silica adsorbs inflammatory factors (small and medium-sized molecules).
PATHELEN®Hybrid prevents adhesion of bandages to the affected areas and thus reduces pain during removing of the bandage.
- The infected surgical wounds in the 1st phase of the wound healing process (abscesses, postoperative purulent complications).
- Traumatic infectious wounds in different locations and genesis.
- Trophic ulcers that occur on the background of chronic venous insufficiency, obliterating atherosclerosis, thrombophlebitis.
- Burns 2nd and 3rd degree.
- Different forms of erysipelas.
- Patients with wounds with various diseases, which reduce the regenerative processes (diabetic foot, immunodeficiency, radiation damage).
- Prevention of sepsis with extensive purulent affections.
- The prevention of keloid scar formation.
- Granulating wounds in the regeneration phase.
- Wound with a dry necrotic eschar.
Interaction with other drugs has not been studied. It may increase the effectiveness of drugs, when used locally with antibiotics that have a bactericidal effect.
- Avoid eye contact. Rinse eyes immediately with plenty of water and consult a doctor if required.
- Since no data is available for pregnant women, the product should not be used during pregnancy.
- If irritation or intolerance occurs, do not continue to use the product, consult your doctor if necessary.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Check the cap is not broken or the bottle damaged before first use. If it is, do not use the product.
- Do not exceed the expiry date.
Before starting with a wound therapy using PATHELEN® Hybrid, the wound must be thoroughly cleaned, usually with a classic debridement.
- Remove any bandages, plasters etc.
- Treat the wound with antiseptic solution.
- Dry the wound surface with sterile gauze.
- Shake sharply a 60 ml vial for 5 to 10 seconds. The composition retains some time pseudo-liquid state.
- Apply Pathelen® Hybrid in a uniform layer with a thickness of 3 to 5 mm.
- Apply sterile wound dressing.
- Add further treatment following point 1 to 7 after 12 to 24 hours.
Amount of treatments may vary according to severity of the wound.Maximum number of applications
PATHELEN® Hybrid can be used until the product is used up and individual portions should only be used once. There are no restrictions on the maximum number of applications.
Because PATHELEN® Hybrid is a non-systemic drug and has only superficial effect it can be used in the treatment of children.
No allergies or side effects were observed when using Pathelen® Hybrid. It has no irritant action.
24 months (see Date of Manufacture on Label). Once opened please use within the shelf life period.
Please store in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight and temperatures not higher than 25°C / 77°F.
2 g of powder in a 60 ml plastic vial. 10 vials in a cardboard box.